TALENT DIRECTOR / HUMAN RESOURCES (HR) GENERALIST
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Founded in 1999, Rock The House is a full-service production and entertainment company that produces more than 1,200 corporate, non-profit, social, and educational events a year. Product and service offerings include audio/visual production, entertainment, multimedia, photo novelties, and more.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for an excited and organized ROCKSTAR candidate who would love to join an expanding special events firm. With 48+ full time employees and over 75 part-time employees, the main focus of this position is to administer all HR responsibilities, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, scheduling, employee coaching/training opportunities, etc. The day-to-day may vary depending on the projects and schedule. The growth progression for this role would include greater involvement and responsibilities within the HR Department with progression to upper management.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Maintain talent staff (MCs, DJs, Party Motivators) and assist with technical staff (Lighting Designers, Video Directors, Audio Engineers, Warehouse Technicians) by recruiting, interviewing, selecting, and hiring
- Provide talent staff with constructive growth opportunities through performance site visits, counseling, disciplinary actions, and 90-day/annual evaluations
- Schedule and confirm weekly/monthly event staff and review capacity reports
- Lead and assist in employee orientations and the on-boarding process
- Locate and hire subcontracted specialty performers
- Oversee and implement continuous staff educational opportunities
- Encourage and increase the company culture by planning / executing staff moral events
- Contribute to the overall team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- 1-3 Years of Human Resources OR related work experience
- Experience in the event industry is NOT required, but a plus!
- Awareness of federal and state compliance laws
- Ability to follow up and relate to staff members well
- Knowledge in hiring protocols is highly encouraged
- Demonstrate high energy, strong work ethic, and a sense of urgency
- Proactive, self-starting, tenacious work habits and the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication, listening, and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask, meet cascading deadlines, and be organized
- Capacity for non-traditional hours and seasonal 50+ hour work weeks.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Compensation includes competitive base salary, and other great incentives! Benefits may include medical insurance, dental insurance, short-term / long-term disability, 401K, company issued computer & cell phone.
Rock The House takes pride in its core values, customer service, and family-oriented atmosphere, and we’d love for you to be a part of it! If you or someone you know would be a good fit, apply today!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.